Steering Group executive summary, action items, and minutes
Date: Thursday February 13, 2020
Attended: Franklin Feingold, Melanie Ganz, Guiomar Niso, Robert Oostenveld, Kirstie Whitaker
We discussed the channels through which to share updates to the BIDS specification. A GitHub issue was opened to start crowdsourcing and collecting this information. We will be using the resulting list of communication channels to share the release of v1.2.2 and to request the final rounds of feedback on the Genetic information extension (BEP018).
We discussed generating an example slide deck that community members can use (or pick from) when they want to present BIDS.
We discussed considerations for when to open a repository under the BIDS standard organization on GitHub.
Previously, community members have opened repositories under the BIDS
We want to codify guidelines to govern this.
The plan is that there should be multiple people committed to the repository (otherwise it is better under the personal GitHub account), the maintainers should be clearly identifiable (e.g., as a
at the top level), there should be a code of conduct in the repository that is consistent with that of the BIDS specification, and (as a consequence of the code of conduct) the repository should welcome contributions from others.
We want to host another Community Forum (but not too frequent) and potentially a starter kit/demo in the Open Science Room at OHBM.
Regarding discussions on where to host our historical specification pdfs (please refer to issue #407), we consider Zenodo to be a suitable location to store our specification pdfs.
|Codify rules for making a repo under BIDS standard|
|Share meeting executive summary, minutes, and action items on website|
|KW item: getting time in OSR for BIDS community forum and starter kit|
|Compile list of channels to share BIDS related information on|
|Send v1.2.2 release and genetic information call to distribution list|
- Discussed channels to share BIDS related information
- FreeSurfer, FSL, SPM, BIDS website-news
- Items to share
- 1.2.2 release
- BEP018: Genetic information
- Do final call before merging into the standard
- Making the standard slide deck
- make it longer and presenter can slim down as needed
- Making repositories in BIDS standard
- BEP leads in control of their repository
- Follow our code of conduct and governance document
- Keeping it reasonable lenient
- Within README for repository
- identify at least 2-3 owners/maintainers of the repository
- Set a BIDS community forum and starter kit training in Open Science Room at OHBM
- Starter kit - running demos showing power of getting data into the BIDS ecosystem
- Zenodo for storing historical pdfs
- Pdfs need to be discoverable and persistent
- Add to previous language to BIDS website specification tab
- add a line pointing to Zenodo
- Add to release process
- adding pdf build to zenodo
- BIDS website start drop down menus extension