Steering Group executive summary, action items, and minutes
Date: Thursday May 28, 2020
We discussed and approved the timeline for merging BIDS common derivatives into the specification. The ReadTheDocs rendering of the extension made reviewing much easier. Reviewing this pull request raised the need for our own tutorial on how to comment on a pull request. We will be enhancing the current BEP process by asking for the BEP to be a clean version when it is submitted as a pull request.
Briefly, we discussed our plan to host a town hall at OHBM in the Open Science Room. We will be providing a BIDS status update and hearing feedback from the community.
|Update BEP process|
|Email BEP leads - updates for OHBM|
|Investigate messaging platforms|
- Discussed BIDS-Common Derivatives
- Timeline approved
- Very helpful having the RTD rendering
- Review perspective taken by RO
- Could I make it?
- Could I explain it to someone else?
- GitHub can look very complicated
- Barrier to contributing?
- Generate guide for how to comment on a PR
- Proposals for future BEPs submissions
- The final proposal is clean of comments
- Clear direction for review and what to look at
- Okay to leave for common derivatives
- Maintainers group will lead the establishment of governance groups
- GN has an emerging talk at OHBM OSR
- Get BEP lead updates
- Post OHBM, think about BEP lead engagement
- MG organizing PET workshop
- Learn about the extension and convert your data into the standard
- Explore potential messaging platforms for community engagement
Rawdata defined at BEP level
- FF and KW mentoring on a Google Season of Docs project focused on building our guides and tutorials for BIDS-Apps
- Likely will need to rethink infrastructure for supporting documentation